Friday, January 25, 2008

Shaking Like a Leaf

"Hold me, Jesus, 'cause I'm shaking like a leaf, You have been King of my glory, won't You be my Prince of Peace." Song by Rich Mullins. Lyrics I've always admired... "Hold me Jesus, 'cause I'm shaking like a leaf..." I'm not an avid Rich Mullins fan, but whenever I would hear the song on the radio, I would respect it. It was written several years ago, so I don't hear it that often, if at all, on the radio anymore. But the plea of this song came back to my mind last week. I didn't just need to hear the song, I needed to pray that prayer, and I've listened to the song practically every day since downloading it. There were several versions to choose from on iTunes, but I wanted to hear the writer of the words himself, his heart, his cry. And the song is only that much more provocative because Rich Mullins died tragically in a car accident in the mid 90's. KLOVE seemed to make their station an auditory memoriam for years after his death. He contributed a lot to ccm, "Awesome God," "Sing Your Praise to the Lord," "The Maker of Noses,"... Okay, that last one not his most well-known song, but the Christian radio station I listened to while on my internship in Sacramento played it enough for me to take notice of the title, and consequently listen to the lyrics (which was also downloaded last week). But right now it's all about, "Hold Me Jesus," because that has been my plea for almost a week, now. Of course, it is my eternal desire, but the need for His embrace is so obvious for this present day. This little leaf needs a hug from the Creator of the tree. I am so thankful for a God who has hugged, is hugging, and will hug me for the rest of my life. Peace...

No comments: