Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Happiness Is...


     I realized I had a lot of anxiety today. Sheesh! The WORLD seems to be having an anxiety attack right now. So much turmoil and unrest. I needed a pick-me-up. On my desk sits a first edition of the bestselling book Happiness is a Warm Puppy by Charles Shulz. I consulted this deeply philosophical work for some cheer tonight.

"Happiness is sleeping in your own bed." Facing a trip overseas, I say a hearty "Amen."
"Happiness is a chain of paper clips." One of the first things I ever collected were paper clips in 6th grade. I still have them in my pencil box that I saved all these years. Paper clips... 
"Happiness is being able to reach the doorknob." Apparently I have been taking this one for granted for  the last 43 years or so.
"Happiness is a good old fashioned game of hide and seek." One of my best memories on Reimche Drive is of summer nights and playing Hide and Seek with the kids in the neighborhood. Yes.
"Happiness is finding out you're not so dumb after all." Yes. Yes, it is. 

No comments: